Details of the May 19th ‘GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE!’ day of giving campaign aimed at supporting arts’ initiatives (the new Cultural Center and the renovations of the historic Astra Theatre and the Jasper Arts Center) have been announced.
“Since we announced the concept of the GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE! day and this idea of giving to these important arts projects in Jasper, we have been very pleased with the support we have received from the community. We have an ambitious goal of $50,000 for the day and we are off to a great start!”said ‘GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE!’ committee chair Linda Kahle. “Whether you choose to participate in any one or more of the day’s activities, attend the ‘Very Big Show (of Support)’ at the Jasper Arts Center that evening, or simply make a donation on our GoFundMe page, we are very much appreciative of your support—big or small.”
Tax deductible donations may be given at any time prior to or on May 19 at www.gofundme.com/givewherey
oulive page. Incentives begin at $50 and gifts at the $1,000 level and above will be commemorated forevermore on a giving wall at the Cultural Center.
The community-wide ‘GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE!’ day will feature a wide variety of activities such as morning workouts, kids’ craft opportunities, downtown shopping specials, area restaurant and drink specials, and a 7 p.m. variety show at the Jasper Arts Center.
The day’s full schedule of activities are (all times eastern):
- An email campaign beginning at 12:01 a.m. encouraging online gifts, as well as sharing the #GiveWhereYouLiveJasper message across personal social media channels.
- 5:15 a.m., Fit Together Fitness, RIPPED class
- 5:15 a.m., Downtown Fitness, P90X, $3 fee per person – 10% of any shoes sold between 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. will be donated
- 5:50 a.m., B&B Fitness – Spin Class, $5 fee for non-members
- 8:30 a.m., Community Yoga, outdoors at German American Plaza, sponsored by Firehorse Yoga (Jasper Train Depot in the event of inclement weather)
- ALL DAY, Azura Cafe, enjoy a specialty drink created for #GiveWhereYouLiveJasper
- ALL DAY, Brew, enjoy a speciality cocktail created for #GiveWhereYouLiveJasper
- ALL DAY, Mad Batter, $1 of every glazed cookie will be donated to the campaign
- ALL DAY, Denny’s Wendy’s, Grandy’s, Long John Silvers, 10% of sales will be donated
- ALL DAY, Shoney’s will have a donation bucket
- 10 a.m., Creative Time, Jasper Public Library Annex, babies and pre-school-aged children. Enjoy a creative activity with Duplos, toys, and arts and crafts.
- ALL DAY, Finishing Touches, Chocolate Bliss, Just Whimsy, Olinger Diamond Center, Made with Grace, Aqua One Day Spa, percentages of sales will be donated
- ALL DAY, Green Thumb, 10% of plants and giftware sales at the Jasper store will be donated
- ALL DAY, Elements, create a ‘make & take’ mixed media art project (suitable for all ages and abilities), $10 fee donated toward the campaign
- ALL DAY, Ivy Manor, 10 tickets will be given away for the “Very Big Show (of Support)” at the Jasper Arts Center
- ALL DAY, Disinger Jewelers, percentage of sales donates, as well as $5 with each Jasper bracelet sold
- ALL DAY, Anna Von Salon & Boutique, 10% donation of any service
- 12 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Snaps, $1 of every Moscow Mule and Mojito donated to campaign
- 3:30 p.m., Jasper Library/Art Center, Creative Time held at the Train Depot. Enjoy a free art activity based on the popular book The Day the Crayons Came Home“, open to all ages (donations accepted)
- 4 p.m.- 10 p.m., Schnitz Brewery & Pub, percentage of sales donated
- 6 p.m.- 12 p.m., Snaps, $1 donated for every dessert sold
- 7 p.m., “The Very Big Show (of Support)”, a variety show featuring local talent, Jasper Arts Center, $10 ticket with full proceeds benefiting #GiveWhereYouLiveJasper
All proceeds from the day’s events, including the variety show, will benefit the Jasper LEADs (Library, Enrichment, Arts, Downtown) campaign in support of the Cultural Center construction, the renovation and preservation efforts at the historic Astra Theatre, and the renovation of the Jasper Arts Center.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.